1.Most of you got Margo, so you get to live. When she was maybe 2 years old, she went after a bird and Dad looked up to see her butt going over the fence into the neighbor's yard. He had to take off a couple of fence boards and retrieve her. She let him pick her up and bring her back in.
2. Swipe and you will see Jesse in the escape position. We put a short gate in front of the main gate so we could see them at all times and he used it to get onto the main fence and visit the front yard. Again, he let Dad pick him up and bring him in. It only happened once but he still jumps over the short gate and has taught Alice to do it as well. Jesse is not to be trusted so he is the one we watch most closely when we're out. #TeamGaryTrivia
Alice reminds me most of Gus. #algus
1. She makes dorky faces like the mothership has arrived.
2. Always ready to eat.
3. When someone smacks her she just sits there, flummoxed.
4. She follows us around and jumps on us.
5. If she could jump on the stove she would.
We're still getting to know her, and I'll do some facts on her soon. #TeamGaryTrivia
So our set of twins is now complete! Anyone suggesting triplets will be summarily blocked. Meet "Name to be determined". We have a short list, and it's probably not going to be a breaking bad name, simply because I'm not crazy about any of the female names left. Mashup names are important to this process. I started the adoption on this little girl about two weeks ago, and I'm so glad to have her home. She was adopted through a purebred rescue, although she's definitely a mix. We picked her up at her foster home in Santa Cruz today. She's incredibly sweet, vocal, and very friendly. She's between 4-5 months old. I know I'm not telling you everything you want to hear, so please feel free to ask questions and I will answer them and or update this caption. And of course the #teamgarytrivia answer is Hank, who is currently sitting by the bathroom door lashing out at everyone who walks by. Also, beard.
Margo ran away with the #TeamGaryTrivia vote, so here's a neener from the Miss herself. In order of softness:
1. Margo - her whole body feels like that little spot at the base of a cat's ear. Go feel that if you haven't.
2. Gary - actually a pretty close second, he has a very fine textured, soft undercoat which also makes him a shedding nightmare.
3. Hank - when I think of his fur, "fuzzy" comes to mind.
4. Jesse - he's got the shortest hair of all, and it's very sleek, almost like he's been dipped in grease. Soft isn't the word for it.
5. Gus - his fur is quite coarse. He may grow out of that, the texture reminds me of Gary's fur when he was younger.
When Gary's not sleeping, he's inflicting mass casualties. Kill list is as follows: (Disclaimer: I do not "let" my cats kill wildlife, I try to prevent it, and sometimes I fail)
1. Gary - 3 fruit rats in the backyard. The neighbor cut down the grapefruit tree they frequented and suddenly they were everywhere.
Co-maimed a lizard. #teamgargo
2. Margo - 1 giant bluejay when she was about a year old. The bluejay's family retaliated and took a small chunk out of her head.
Co-maimed a lizard. #teammary
3. Hank - 1 fruit rat. He gave it to me as a gift.
4. Gus - zip
5. Jesse - zilch.
#TeamGaryTrivia , Will I Ever Finish This Series edition. Who's the absolute worst pest when you're trying to watch a mere 47 minute episode of the Handmaid's Tale and mfers gotta go outside? Edited to add: they're all jerks, but one towers above the rest in these situations. A certain nickname is a clue.
Of course it's Gus, you should know by now he has several screws loose. And special congrats to @eigna728 Angie, your losing streak is intact, and your profanity laced comments when you guess wrong are one of my favorite things about #TeamGaryTrivia
Disclaimer: the cactus is completely non toxic, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Most of you guessed that Gary was the number one snuggler in the house... He needs snuggles like Trump needs Twitter. Only two people guessed the snuggling hierarchy correctly, and I blame Hank. Here it is:
2 Hank (no, really)
I'm going to post each of their snuggling habits separately this week because why the hell not. The first to guess was @erinprelypchan, second was @felineanddandy - I have something for both of you. Thanks for indulging me in #TeamGaryTrivia, I really appreciate the participation, and let me know if you'd like more prize giveaways, I know this one was difficult.