‼️UPDATE‼️ I just cleaned Abu & Mushu’s cage yesterday. And I was glad to see no maggots in their cage this time!! I’m still health checking them just in case. I haven’t seen anything wrong with the piggies or I haven’t seen any maggots on them. They still don’t have their loft back... but they’ll have it eventually when I have it 100% maggot free! #guineapig #guineapig #guineapigsofinstagram #guineapighelp #guineapighealth #guineapigcare #guineapigsofinstagram #guineapigsof_ig #guineapigsofinsta #guineapigsofig #guineapigmom #guineapiglover #guineapigposts #guineapigposts101
Κάνει να φάνε τα ινδικά χοιρίδια μπρόκολο? ✔ Φυσικά και μπορούν αλλά υπάρχουν ορισμένες πληροφορίες που πρέπει να γνωρίζετε
Διαβάστε περισσότερες πληροφορίες ⬇⬇
#guineapigs #greekguineapigs #giannapiggies #guineapigsofgreece #canguineapigseatbroccoli #whatcanguineapigseat #guineapigsfood #cavies #indikaxoiridia #cavyfood #veggiesforguineapigs #allaboutguineapigs #guineapigsblog #petblog #caviesblog #piggiepedia #petsofinstagram #instacavies #petblogger #guineapigdiet #guineapigcare #guineapighealth #cavylife #guineapigsofgreece🇬🇷
A linda da Regiane Bagni escreveu um ótimo guia de informações e cuidados para donos de porquinhos da india 😍
O livro está disponível em pdf e epub gratuitamente na internet 👏
Link pdf: http://files.panqueca.webnode.com.br/200000187-123b61335c/Livro%20dos%20Porquinhos.pdf
#guineapiglife #guineapiggies #guineapighealth #guineapiglove #guineapig #guineapigs #guineapigfriends #guineapigfamily #guineapigbaby #guineapigofisntagram #cui #dalilaejack
Did you know? ⁉️ Guinea Pigs are naturally burrowing animals, they would love to play in piles of hay, use it as a bed, hide in it, & munch! There are many hay holders out there that are dangerous to Guinea Pigs. Guinea Pigs do not care about the mess hay makes, they are pigs after all! #sunshinecavies #didyouknow #guineapigs #guineapigsofinstagram #guineapighealth #guineapigfacts #smallpetselect #timothyhay #orchardgrass
Piggy health indicator #1: weight!! I didn't know this with my first guinea pig but now I understand the importance. There are some fantastic kitchen scales out there - mine was about $30 at @bedbathandbeyond - that allow you to place a plate or a towel on the scale and will still zero out so you can weigh the piggy but not the additional pieces. [Note- I'm using my voice to soothe and my hands to cuddle his bottom- avoid squeezing their midsection too much. I'll be honest, I hate watching videos where these gentle creatures are mishandled. ] ***Slight correction to what I said on the video: Iggy was 629 grams, not "6.29" or (1.37 lbs) or 1 lbs 6.1 oz. ***super healthy and SUPER cute 65 day old boar! I'm in love every day. 🐹❤️🙏🏻😆#guineapighealth #weight #weeklycare #guineapigcare #learningbydoing #adoptdontshop #adoptdontbreed #weighyourpig #feedyourpig #loveyourpig #loveyourguineapig #feedyourguineapig #animalhealth #animals #animalhealth
Poor Pearl had a piece of hay stuck in her eye this morning. It was not there last night when I checked them before bed so it must have happened overnight. It was a very tiny piece and I was able to easily get it out of her eye. I rinsed her eye out after with saline solution (per vet orders) and I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it won't need any further treatment! If a piece of hay ever gets stuck in your piggies eye and you are not confident that you know what to do about it, please call a vet immediately! A lot of the times, they can give you advice right over the phone. My poor Pearl! 😢🙏🏻 #fusarofarm #pearl #guineapig #haypoke #guineapighealth #exoticvet
I often get asked by people what is "normal" for piggies. As if I have normal piggies. The spectrum is huge - but I can give you a few tips on what a "normal" healthy piggy should look like....
1. Nose and lips should be clean, soft and the same colour- not wet, scaly or crusty.
2. Chicken feets (not the technical term): should be flat and not red or swollen (soles of feet are usually darker and shinier). Paddy pads on bottom of the feet should be symmetrical and not hurt the pig if you gently squeeze them. Nails usually short, not curving to the side or under. Nails are short enough when the pigs toes lie flat on the floor.
3. Earsies: should be clear, not gunky, slimy or blocked. There will be a waxy residue in there which is normal. The piggy should hold their head straight- leaning to one side can mean ear problems or neurological issues.
4. Eyes: bright and clear, not cloudy, red, swollen, closed or crusty or goopy. Eye symptoms vary but anything out of the ordinary should be checked by a vet. Damp or bald patches around eyes also indicates a problem.
5. Teefs: should be straight, relatively short, and overlap slightly at the top. Piggies teeth grow constantly so usually a broken tooth just grows back. As if I would use PorkChop for the teeth demonstration 🙈
6. Derpiness: normally a piggy is responsive, bright and alert. Unless they are Gus. But in all seriousness lethargy or changes in behaviour should be checked out.
7. Skin: should be clean, smooth, no flakes dropping with the fur, no scales or patches, no redness or lumps or bumps.
I could write for hours but that's all I can do for now. ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY PLEASE GO TO YOUR VET. I'm not a vet but I do have common sense and knowledge of piggies. Happy as always to answer DMs but your vet should be your first port of call not me.
Love PigMum and boys. ❤️ #guineapigs #guineapigsofinstagram #crazyguineapiglady #guineapighealth
Did you know Guinea Pigs have a total of 20 teeth? It may appear they only have two front teeth, but they have back teeth which we cannot see! In their tiny mouth are pair of upper and lower incisors
• No canines
•A pair of upper and lower premolars
• Three pairs of upper and lower molars
A guinea pig's teeth are "open rooted" and grow continuously. Credit: hello.pris
Friends please help us figure out what is going on with Tyler. He has a HUGE hard lump under his chin that developed out of nowhere over the last week! It will be a week or so before we can take him to the vet (have to find one!). He doesn't seem to be in pain and he is still active and eating. We have only had him for 4 months and got him when he was about 2 months old I believe. Pretty much the whole part under his mouth that looks like a double chin is a lump. :( Thank you for any help. These are our first Guinea pigs. #guineapigs #guineapighealth #guineapiglump #guineapigbump #guineapigsofinstagram #guineapiginjury #pethelp #pethealth #guineapigquestions
This carrot crunchy is all mine. I must chew! -Brownie Boy.
Piggy tip: piggies must always have hay, but it is also good for them to have something to chew on, because piggies teeth never stop growing. Check out my partner @sarahbigheart2 #guineapigs #guineapighealth #guineapigsofig #piggy #wheek #caviesofig #cavies #cavy #cavylife #cavylove