Helping improve your life at home & beyond since 1848. Follow us as we pour out Instagrams and share your own with #mortonsalt and #mortonsaltgirl ☂️
#tbt Last week we were in #LosAngeles for the 8th Annual #ThirstGala, where we partnered with the @thirstproject to create an experience that provided an immersive look at the reality facing millions without access to clean drinking #water. The event & installation were a huge success, and we congratulate our friends at the #ThirstProject on raising $250,000 to help provide clean water solutions all over the world! 💧☔️
#WalkHerWalk #mortonsalt #cleanwater #cleanwaterforall #drinkingwater #throwbackthursday
Looking for the perfect #Spring #recipe? @thehungryleopard has got you covered. 🍛🍽
🌷Perfect spring recipe alert 🌷Salt Roasted Beet Salad... on a soft, pillowy bed of goat cheese! 😋Sharing this recipe (plus links to so many more!) and all the details from my experience at the Morton Salt #NextDoorChef event on the blog right NOW! 👊🏽| link in profile| It's time to celebrate spring, y'all! 🌿🌸☀️
#mortonsalt #salad #beets #saladrecipe #beetsalad #roastedbeets
You just can't go wrong with a great #chicken recipe, and we've got your winner winner chicken #dinner right here! #Recipe below and link in bio.
Chicken Country Captain
2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1⁄4 cup Vegetable oil
1 cup Yellow onion– diced
1 tsp. Morton Kosher Salt
1⁄2 cup Yellow pepper– diced
1⁄2 cup Green pepper– diced
1 cup Carrots– peeled and cut into rounds
28 oz. can Diced tomatoes
4 Garlic cloves– chopped
2 Tbsp. Curry powder ❇️
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. With a pair of kitchen shears, cut the backbone out of the chicken and flatten the chicken by pushing down on the breastbone of the chicken until it lies flat.
3. Place a 6 quart enameled cast-iron pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 1⁄2 the oil.
4. When heated, sear the chicken in batches until brown,(about 3 minutes per side) and place on a plate.
5. Place the remainder of oil in stockpot and add onions and 1 teaspoon Morton Kosher Salt.
6. Sweat onions for 5 minutes until translucent, stirring often.
7. Add peppers, carrots, garlic, and curry powder and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
8. Add diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
9. Add chicken thighs, stir, and place lid on the pan.
10. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
11. Remove lid from pan, stir, and return to the oven without the lid.
12. Cook for 20 minutes, or the chicken thighs are cooked through and tender and the sauce is thick.
13. Cut chicken into 4 pieces and return to platter. Pour sauce through strainer onto the chicken and serve over cheese grits 🍗🍛😋
#mortonsalt #chickendinner #chickenrecipe #dinnerrecipe #food #instafood #eeeeeats #yum #cooking #homecooking #homemade #homemadefood #NextDoorChef
When life gives you #lemons, you make refreshing #Lemon Spring #Tea (especially useful to start your #Easter meal off right). #Recipe below and link in bio.
7 Tea bags
2 cups Granulated sugar
2 cups Lemon juice – fresh
5 cups Boiling water
2 cups Vodka (optional)
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Place tea bags in water and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
3. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar until dissolved.
4. Add lemon juice and place in refrigerator.
5. Serve over ice.
6. Garnish with Morton Kosher Salt preserved lemons. * Add the vodka for a fun adult drink! 🍋🍹🍋
#mortonsalt #lemonade #lemondrink #drink #drinks #NextDoorChef
#tbt to last year, when we surprised students at #Chicago's Benito Juarez High School with a visit from our friends at @okgo possible by @music_unites. The kids, teachers, and the band had a blast and even got in a little jam session! 🎸🎶
#mortonsalt #music #okgo #jamsession #guitars #highschool #throwbackthursday
Get your skin silky smooth for the spring and summer with an all-natural, chemical-free DIY scrub.
Combine Morton sea #salt, olive oil, #lemon juice, lemon zest, and #rosemary. Mix together until desired texture and exfoliate! ✨🍋
#mortonsalt #skinscrub #skincare #skincareroutine #saltscrub #lemons #diy
TFW a food holiday is really worth celebrating. Happy #NationalCaramelPopcornDay! (#recipe below and 🔗 in bio)
🔘1 tablespoon canola oil
🔘1/2 cup (4 ounces) popcorn kernels
🔘10 tablespoons unsalted butter
🔘1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
🔘2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
🔘1 teaspoon vanilla extract
🔘1/2 teaspoon Morton Fine Sea Salt
🔘1/2 teaspoon baking soda
🔘1/2 teaspoon Morton Coarse Sea Salt ❇️DIRECTIONS:
1. Position 2 oven racks evenly in the oven and preheat the oven to 225°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large, heavy saucepan or pot, warm the oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the corn kernels, swirl the pot to coat them with oil, then cover the pan.
4. Pop the corn, shaking the pot occasionally to prevent burning or sticking.
5. When the popping sounds slow down the popcorn is ready. Pour the popcorn into a large metal or other heatproof bowl, discarding any un-popped kernels.
6. To make the caramel, in a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and corn syrup. Cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, until the sugar melts and the mixture boils.
7. Continue to boil until thickened, whisking occasionally, about 3 minutes (be careful not to let it burn).
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, fine sea salt, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to combine, then immediately pour over the popcorn.
9. Using a heatproof rubber spatula and moving quickly, stir the popcorn until evenly and well coated with the caramel (be careful because the caramel is very hot).
10. Pour it onto the baking sheets, dividing it evenly.
11. Spread out the popcorn into an even layer and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt.
12. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring 3 or 4 times during baking.
13. Let cool completely in the pans on a wire rack, then break apart and serve. 🍿😋
#mortonsalt #popcorn #caramel #caramelpopcorn #sweet #snack #snacks #eeeeeats
Rainy April days deserve delicious treats. Celebrate #NationalCaramelDay with these Sea Salt #Caramel #Brownies. (#recipe below and 🔗 in bio) ❇️INGREDIENTS:
🔘1 package of Fudge Brownie Mix
🔘Eggs (see package)
🔘Vegetable Oil (see package)
🔘Water (see package)
🔘20 Pieces Individually Wrapped Caramels
🔘2 Tablespoons Milk
🔘1 teaspoon Morton Coarse Sea Salt ❇️DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven and prepare brownie mix as instructed on the box. After placing brownie mix in an 8 in x 8 in baking pan, set pan aside.
2. Bake brownie batter as instructed on package.
3. Remove brownies from oven.
4. Sprinkle with Morton Coarse Sea Salt.
5. Cool brownies before cutting.
6. Make caramel sauce: place unwrapped caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute and then in 10 second intervals, until caramels are easily whisked. Whisk until caramel mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined.
7. Drizzle caramel sauce over cooled brownies.
8. Cut and serve. 🍫😋
#mortonsalt #seasalt #caramelbrownie #brownie #dessert #sweet #dessertrecipe #eeeeeats #yum
What's for #dinner tonight?
This Sheet Pan Honey Lemon #Salmon from our friend @averiesunshine will make you look like a real #NextDoorChef! Click through to her bio to get the full #recipe and more details 🍽😋
#mortonsalt #bakedsalmon #salmonrecipe #fish #bakedfish #dinnerrecipe #eeeeeats
Friends coming over and need to throw together a quick #appetizer? Try out our Pimento #Cheese and Twice Baked Crackers #recipe to show off your #NextDoorChef skills. (Recipe below and 🔗 in bio!) ___________________
PIMENTO CHEESE INGREDIENTS: 🔘8 oz. Aged cheddar cheese, aged & shredded
🔘1⁄4 cup Mascarpone cheese
🔘1⁄4 cup Mayonnaise
🔘4 oz. Jar of diced pimento peppers, drained
🔘1⁄2 tsp. Morton Fine Sea Salt
🔘1 tsp. Smoked paprika
PIMENTO CHEESE DIRECTIONS:
1. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix pimento cheese until smooth and enjoy!
🔘1 Sleeve saltine crackers– unsalted preferred
🔘1 Tbsp. Morton coarse sea salt
🔘1⁄4 cup Butter
1. Heat oven to 350 ̊ F.
2. As the oven is preheating, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Working in batches, dip crackers in butter and lay on a single layer on sheet tray.
4. Sprinkle the tops with Morton coarse sea salt.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 6 minutes.
6. Serve immediately or wrap and keep for up to 3 days. 😋👌
#mortonsalt #cheeseandcrackers #yum #snack #snacktime #appetizers
Open #pool season is so close you can smell it! Double tap if you're excited too (and/or if you love adorable pups)! 🐶🏊♀️🏊💧P. S. Want us to feature your pic in our feed? Tag your Morton Salt photos with #mortonsalt and we'll repost our faves! 👌
Mom, what is all of this salt for? 🍙🍙 .
#saltwater #saltwaterpool #pooltime
Today's #lunch dilemma is solved, courtesy of this Warm #Spinach #Salad, perfect to celebrate #NationalSpinachDay. (#recipe below and 🔗in bio)
🔘1 lb. baby spinach
🔘8 oz fresh goat cheese
🔘2 pears, diced
🔘1/2 cup dried cherries
🔘6 slices high quality bacon, cooked, cut in small pieces (reserve excess fat)
🔘8 sprigs fresh thyme, cleaned
🔘1 large shallot, minced
🔘2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
🔘1/3 sherry vinegar
🔘1 teaspoon Morton Sea Salt (Fine or Coarse)
🔘1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste .
1. Place the spinach, goat cheese, pears and cherries in a large mixing bowl. Season with Morton Sea Salt (Fine or Coarse) and pepper.
2. Preheat a sauté pan and add the reserved bacon fat and olive oil. Sauté shallots and thyme for one minute. Add the sherry vinegar and remove from heat.
3. Combine hot dressing and salad, and mix thoroughly. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately. 😋🍴
#mortonsalt #spinachday #spinachsalad #bacon #goatcheese #yum #eeeeeats #lunchtime #lunchsalad
Continuing the celebration of #NationalCraftMonth, here's a #salt #centerpiece idea for your next dinner #party!
Just pour salt into a glass #vase and arrange the rocks in a circular fashion. Put the #candle in the center and surround it with seashells or other decor. Then, just step back and admire your masterpiece!🕯👌
#mortonsalt #craft #crafts #homedecor #diy #diydecor #craftingtime