One of a kind is what I am.
102 posts 198 followers 179 following
Monthly favourites are back and somewhat back on schedule! Dear friends, how about we share our little (or not so little) joys with each other every month? Join me and let's spread the joy!
1) TRUE: Yet another 30 days of yoga with Adriene, while took me a little longer to finish, just sooo good;
2) Snowboarding again after a month in beer paradise;
3) Two of my most favourite party llamas (although they're alpacas really) coming to visit me in Belgium for beers, laughs and soul-saving conversations;
4) The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a modern-day vlog adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, awesome, just plain awesome;
5) Penhaligon's Halfeti, the perfume I've wanted since June last year and the birthday gift from my parents that I finally got my hands on;
6) The birthday gift from my sister that I managed to forget to include in January;
7) Cello played on a square during my solitary visit to the town of Brugge;
8) Blue lipstick that I did not know when to wear so I wore it on my final night out in Antwerp (it's not about the lipstick really though);
9) A blue pot of mussels that I just had to eat before I left Belgium;
10) Definite soundtrack of the month: "Let's have a kiki" by Scissor Sisters;
11) Bonus entry! Trip to Antwerp zoo to see owls (and a ton of other animals that I can't draw).
A little nudge from a few friends was all that was needed to make me finally go from "I really should find time to do this again" to "ok, let's sit down and actually do this", and I am very grateful (; especially if you are not in the best state of mind it makes so much sense to look back and appreciate all the awesome things that have happened. Monthly favourites are back!
So, once again, dear friends, how about we share our little (or not so little) joys with each other every month? Join me and let's spread the joy!
1) Band release! - while the release itself has honestly been basically nothing but devastatingly stressful for me in ways I never thought I could be stressed out, the support I've gotten from friends and family had been incredible and made all the difference in the world.
2) Celebrating new years with people I love and burning all the freaking sparklers we could get, wheee!
3) Going to Vienna to have a birthday pre-party for the best sister @sunlight_dragged_me_here ever;
4) Going to work in Antwerp for a month and falling totally in love with the place;
5) Many, many birthday beers with new friends that made my birthday awesome (also helped with the falling in love part in point 4, thank you, @otogishu & @franckdumetz);
6) (wow, a literal thing made it into this list!) BECCA one perfecting brush, a gift that I asked for, received and now immensely enjoy whenever I'm not too lazy to put stuff on my face, all provided for by my sweet @lenorrrka;
7) Eating oysters and drinking champagne for the second birthday party with my lovely @j.yarcat (I guess a real sign of age is when you start enjoying Veuve Clicquot and oysters?);
8) Finally, a book, Perdido Street station by China Miéville, weird, dark, glorious fiction.
Super irregular monthly favourites! (I know it's not Jan, it just takes me a while to get stuff done (; )
Dear friends, how about we share our little (or not so little) joys with each other? Let's spread the joy!
1) The soft flames of B52s in the comfort of our own kitchen; (;
2) Celebrating NY with the whole of my awesome family;
3) Teaching 2 awesome kids @ksd_private and @parapen007_2 to snowboard over Christmas;
4) Drinking Klavis Riga on top of Riga with my love @j.yarcat;
5) "The graveyard book" by Neil Gaiman, read by the author himself;
6) Drawing the Matterhorn for my dad;
7) Going to Vienna for less than a day to party with my sister @sunlight_dragged_me_here for her birthday ;
8) The best cake in the world made by @lenorrrka for my birthday, and eating that with friends.